Friday, February 27, 2015

Red Oleander




Hibiscus






A salamander pale green as the new leaves of May
opens its orange lung-sac, brilliant, to the sun.
Three times at every pause!
In the breeze, red Oleander bends on her long stem, celebrating.
I am drawn down a quiet lane by the scent of jasmine
beguiling my heart, a path toward joy.
The dear Earth wafts up into me,
warm as fresh-baked bread,
filling my womb with Her love.
With my feet in the sand,
I pull Her love up into me,  to power my days.
Mother holds me tenderly, the mourning dove
in her palmetto-basket nest, giving, giving,
we Her babies, Her vast dream,
we Her future and Her now.
The black fin of a dolphin arises from the sea, 

ancient as days,
loving Her into the fathomless tomorrow.


Annelinde Metzner
Folly Beach, South Carolina

June 1, 2010







Lilies






Shrimp bush










1 comment:

  1. Lovely poem, lovely flowers! Spring promises to be here soon!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!