Friday, October 31, 2014

Grandmother in October






Grandmother and Her clouds




I come to see Her, my Grandmother Mountain,
a pilgrim at Her feet, making homage throughout the year.
Today, in Her Autumn dress, 

maples already red-orange-yellow,
little touches of color everywhere 

among the dark firs and pines,
I come to see Her, and I breathe deep.
Still, still now, She is the pure ground, as calm as the eons,
even now as greed and domination rage in the world of men.
She lifts me. I’m Her toy.
She is so delighted to see me.
I giggle to be with Her, I’m a much-loved child.
Motorcycles roar by, boys holler at their games.
I gaze at my Grandmother, and She smiles,
loving us through the millennia,
sighing and inviting, a twinkle in Her eye.

Annelinde Metzner

October 5, 2014



Grandmother in October



Autumn from my back porch



Autumn from my front porch









No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!